Sunday, February 15, 2009

No Place Like Home......



































Man, being away sucked! Well, not all of it. Being there with one of my closest friends, Denise was great. She and I got to hang out together, train together, laugh uncontrollably together, stress out together, eat together and most importantly.....drink together. We kept each other sane. Denise had a smoking room, but I did not. So, we spent our evenings hanging out in her room, comfortable smoking, watching t.v., having some wine and doing crossword puzzles. But, being away from the fam and home, that part sucked. I was sooooo happy to be home Friday. This job starts Tuesday, b/c we're off for President's day, so I'm happy about that. It gives me one more day to take care of some things around the house and some personal stuff I need to tend to. When I was home last weekend, Roger and I went grocery shopping at Walmart. We came home with a box that we used to put some of groceries in to make it easier and quicker to bring them up stairs. Ryan asked me for the box, so I gave it to him. Later I was putting some clothes away and heard Ryan call my name from his room. The picture above is what I found. I just about died laughing and, of course, ran to get the camera. That kid flippin' kills me!! Andrew is just about finished with his drawing I posted previously. Above are the most recent pics I took of it. The doors look like the creepy skeleton guys is ripping through them. The second pic is close up of just that part. It's pretty cool. He amazes me with his artistic talent. Yesterday, we went to bowling and Ryan bowled another 160+ game, I believe it was a 162. He received a badge for his last 160+ game and a pin for a 400 series. After bowling we took the boys for haircuts, then over to the mall so Andrew could buy a couple of t-shirts at Hot Topic. Yes, t-shirts, but we're making progress......neither are black, nor do they have skulls. :) The four of us ate a little dinner at the Food Court......Hibachi San.....yummy, then we headed over to Best Buy. Ryan spent his "good report card" money on Call of Duty World At War and Andrew got a CD. From there we headed over to Mom and Dad's to try to find the router I bought when I lived there, but it is nowhere to be found. So, I'm going to check my storage closet just to be sure, but I think I'm going to have to buy another one. :( Once we were home, I did mine and Roger's taxes and we will both be getting a refund!!!! Well, barring the government rejecting them, we should get refunds. Anyway, so those of you who we are in debt to, and that's pretty much everyone we're related to and a few others, you should be getting at least a payment towards what we owe you. Whooo Hoooo! On a side note, thank you all very very much and believe me, I feel blessed every day to have family and friends like you. So, on that note, that's all the news that's fit to print on this end. Until tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment